It's clamping time!

Yes, that's right. I am always bewildered at this stage of the guitar building process. Once you've got all your parts together, like, the top and back are braced, your neck (at least necessary if your building with a spanish neck joint) is ready and all the little things like the kerfings are made... so, once you got all that it is only a question of hours and all of a sudden you got what you'd call a real guitar in your hands. It goes so fast.
It seems you are in a time matrix and and you're working super high speed. Unless you start your sanding and the bindings and the fretboard and you're pretty much back to pre broadband speed. Personel subject opinion againn of course. Maybe I should thing about my personal preferences and begin to willingly like the binding part more....




A spanish neck joint. Voss style. 




When it comes to clamping one could call it "overdone" when looking at me while working. But I like to make sure. 




All the "interior" is done in cedro or spanish cedar. Which means the kerfings and the strips that support the sides for which I don't know the english expression. I also brace the backs with cedro. It gives the finished guitars a very nice aroma when smelling through the soundhole. This guitar is build quite traditionaly spanish in many ways and it felt somehow suitable to me.








Closing the body.




Comments

Popular Posts