Strings on but not the usual way



Usually I try to keep things post in order but I am very behind with whats going on in my shop and this is too exciting to wait.
Today I put strings on this guitar. Now this is usually the last bit of adding something to the instrument. After the strings are on the instrument is usually finished, apart from setting the action and intonation and maybe some post voicing if it is necessary.
But in this case I put the strings on BEFORE I started the finish work. And this is the exciting part. I have been wanting to do this for years but it is not something I will do with custom orders. Finally my urge to try out and experiment in depth with voicing my instruments was so great that I squeezed in another build to do that.
We will see (and hear) tomorrow how she sounds.




Comments

Popular Posts