The Robin

 Not too much going on at the new shop lately so I´ll use the opportunity to introduce my latest "The Robin" which is my OM model. 


This guitar was started in my shop in Oldenburg and build as far as doing the binding work for the top. I still managed to get the binding chanels routed and bound one side. Then I took it home. 

When I started working at home I just had my glue pot and a few tools on my desk. I mounted my shop vise. Then I would take the (mostly empty) train on weekends to do some machine work or pick up more tools. It`s funny, along this build process I can watch my home office turn into a decend shop. 

As much as the guitar goes its Sitka spruce for the top. Really nice old Sitka spruce, dried since 1993 and of remarkable quality. Paired with American black walnut for the back and sides it makes for a great fingerstyle guitar. Next to the sound it was important to make it as comfortable as possible. So a perfect setup was key but also a more rounded heel and soft corners around the body. We added two micro bevels, one into the cutaway and I have to say it really made so much sense. Reaching for those highest notes on the fretboard never felt easier. Plus a pinless bridge for extra comfort for the right hand while dampening the notes with your palm. 

 































Comments

Popular Posts