Homeoffice

 


Now I am in my seventh month of homeoffice. At a certain point it felt strange to take all the effort and go to the shop. I mean, it involves a good hour drive with public transportation. When I am working at home it is so much easier and effortless. Only the machines are missing. 

And a lot has happened in the last seven months. Actually I was so busy I could hardly write for the blog. Usually I would sit down and write in the evening when the kids are sleeping but these days I put in an extra night shift and continue working quietly upstairs. And I am enjoying these hours so much. All the stress of getting a certain amount of work done in a certain amount of time is not there because it is extra work anyway. So I find myself to be a little more relaxed and open to what the outcome will be. Sometimes I am just looking at my work and wonder what might be the next step or just stare at the beautiful woods I am using. 

Which began as a way of getting a french polish done in time for an exhibition turned into a mini home shop in which I am now building the first batch of three guitars from start to finish. I have already build one guitar and the first of the batch is now waiting for a neck carve. 










Comments

Popular Posts