OM box closed


Back to my OM build. I finished to close the body on friday so I can give it the weekend to set. Building the box the Spanish style always starts with fitting and gluing the soundboard onto the neck. The neck already got slots where the sides are glued in after the soundboard has set. The endblock is glued in next and after the clamps can be removed from that I start fitting the small blocks that join the soundboard to the sides. Usually I will leave this over night for the glue to dry. The next day the clamps that hold the sides can be removed and the sides should stay perfectly in shape. Now starts the planing of the sides to the actual height giving the back it's radius.
After the lining is glued in for supporting the back with gluing surface I also reinforce the sides with braces. Then the back is fitted in glued onto the box. Closed. Time for a coffee. Or a run to get the next train home...





Comments

Popular Posts