Small Jumbo

 

I am very very happy to share some pictures of this new Small Jumbo model I have finished lately. It is one of two prototype models I have currently finished.  

This guitar features a Red Cedar top and Indian Rosewood back and sides. Fingerboard and bridge are made of ebony. I have made a custom rosette for this one and the endgraft is done in this style as well.
Position markers are copper rings to match the Schaller Grandtune tuners in vintage copper. The bridge pins also have copper rings which I inlayed myself to fit the tuners and position markers. The finish is a french polish with dark rubin shellac.

This is a modern steelstring guitar and as such it is build with doubled sides and a X-lattice-hybrid braced top. This gives the guitar a very powerful and focused sound with a good balance over the hole register!

If you are interested you are welcome to try it out at my workshop in Oldenburg!











Comments

  1. Wahrlich eine Gitarre mit Power... dabei aber auch mit einem sehr schönen Ton und extrem gut spielbar.... hat mir sehr gut gefallen, fast so gut wie "Miss Maple" ;) herzlichen Glückwunsch zu dem tollen Instrument und dem gelungenen "Experiment" mit den doubled sides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danke!!! Ich werde dann hoffentlich auch bald dazu kommen ein paar Bilder von deiner "Miss Maple" hier zu presentieren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! do you mind if i use a similar design for my rosette for my guitar?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts