One of these things first



 There was a lot of work to do in the workshop in the last weeks. And I am very happy with that. But now that Voss Guitars' first year came to an end I decided to do a little retrospective first.
As the year went by I was skimming through a lot of old pictures. Here are some pictures of my first "workshops". Mostly in the cellars that belong to the flats I lived in. 
The very first one was a 6 square meters cellar room with a concret floor. I installed a working table (wouldn't call it a work bench) and mounted a MDF board to the wall to hang tools. This was the place a stored my first bigger tool order and started to work on some furniture projects. I even build a rocking chair in there, but I felt quite claustrophobic because of the limited space.





 The next workshop was even smaller. After I moved places with my soon to be wife our next cellar room became my workshop again. This room had 3 square meters plus a door frame with a deep shelf behind. Just enough place to install my working table and another shelf on the wall. This was my shop while I did my apprenticeship. I did not build any instruments in there as I knew it would be impossible to get the humidity right and constant enough. I was making wooden planes and building the workbench that later stood upstairs in our flat.





Comments

Popular Posts