Actually Making Guitars!



I started to do some work to do with guitar making or actually really being guitar making! I prepared some headstock veneers yesterday to get started with making a single neck for a classical guitar. The plan is to make two or three guitars I haven't decided yet. One classical cause and one or two steelstrings. At home I've been drawing and making plans and sketches for days and I couldn't wait to get into the shop and get started. So amongst getting a bank account for my business and talking to my accountant I was in the shop building guitars. Ah, what a delightful feeling.
So first thing is truing the stock which is in this case wonderful straight grained spanish cedar or cedro. After everything flat and the sides are square the cut for the neck shaft is to be made using my japanese kataba.   




After being sawn the pieces are clamped together a planed using one of my self made wooden planes.







After the glue has dryed I prepared the face side and the veneer. All surfaces should be dead flat.


 



Comments

Popular Posts