Five Years of Voss Guitars


Five Years. I can't believe its already been five years ago since I began renovating the place that would become the home of Voss Guitars. Five incredible years. I am building guitar No. 25 this year. With every build I get more ideas and more input. That's something I really love about this job.
I worked as a postman for two years. Then didn't get another contract and stayed"unemployed" for a year. With a small business. This way the I would get my unemployment benefit and my insurance taken care off with the condition I don't earn any money with the workshop. Which I didn't anyway. Till this day I can only pay the bills and buy some wood for the next guitars. Our first child was born. I am part time in my shop and taking care of my son. That time was crazy ups and downs.
I went full time after this year. I had enough of a backlog and couldn't find a job that would allow me to do both job and workshop. It worked out quite well for six months. But I needed orders to back it up and I wanted to spend time at home. I got another job. Working logistics at IKEA.
Having a job to support really took some of the stress out. Now I could focus on my guitars. And taking the time I needed for them. Last year our daughter was born. I try and spend as much time at home as possible and keep the shop going. It's two different worlds, the family and the shop. I am lucky and I feel very fortunate to have them both.

  










...five years later...













Comments

Popular Posts