Vintage progress


It's been busy as always in the shop and it is about time to post about the progress with the "learning from the past" project, the Gibson L-00 build which I started at the beginning of this year. In order to go ahead faster with the other two of the three guitars I started around that time I stopped to work on this particular one. After finishing these it was time to get back to this build.
I left the guitar after I glued on the back so the body was closed. So the first thing that needed to bbe done was doing the binding. 
I chose to use some flamed Koa binding and made some decorative inlays in the back from the leftovers. Adding a bit of a modern touch. The Madagaskar Rosewood fingerboard got some maple and ebony binding and the headstock a small custom bird inlay instead of the logo that usually would be there.
At this moment the guitar is already in the spray booth and getting its DD semi gloss finish. The top will finally be polished to a high gloss.
I couldn't decide yet wether I will put a pickguard on or not?! But I have some time left to decide on that...      






Comments

Popular Posts