next guitars



 The next guitars are on their way. I was doing a lot of french polishing for someone recently but that's how far I got in between. I've joint some tops and backs. The tops are all german alpine spruce and the backs are bubinga, santos rosewood and honduras rosewood. I also made a lot of drawings and came up with two new body shapes and of course a hole lot of ideas for bracing from which I will implement some into the next guitars.  




After the tops are joined and sanded to about 3,5 mm thickness I installed the rosettes which are individually made for each guitar! I haven't yet made a block form which I can then cut several slices of rosettes but made them as a single piece that only exists in that perticular guitar it is installed.
And it was my premiere in using abalone which turned out stunning just because of the beauty of the material.









 




The first braces are glued on and now it needs some time for the glue to dry. Time for a coffee.


Comments

Popular Posts