getting started




                             Getting started with getting started...



After almost five years of job practise I’m preparing to start my own business which is going to become VOSS GUITARS. And I am REALLY looking forward to it. Because there is so much going on, I decided to launch a blog and keep documenting the process. 

It was time for me to start a business of my own! Starting a business as a guitar maker, a luthier, and hopefully become rich and famous. OK, well, that was a joke; we all know one doesn’t become rich and famous as a guitar maker.

From the beginning of my apprenticeship I knew that I wanted to be self-employed as a guitar maker. Having my own workshop, designing and building my own instruments seemed a dream and worth all the efforts it will take. One day a friend called, we had not seen each other for quite a while, asking about what is going on in life and we started chatting. He told me about Daniel Stark, a guitar maker from Oldenburg and that he is moving his workshop and looking for people to join in. Bingo. That was it. I called him immediately.

Three weeks ago we started renovating our new workshop at Lindenstraße 16, Oldenburg and I am planning to open in January 2013. There will be two guitar makers sharing one workshop! I'll be offering everything from highest quality handmade instruments and service to repairs for your instrument.

Comments

Popular Posts