Still crazy after all these Years


There is something I realised about my approach for this blog. When I started it I would take some photos along the process of building the guitars. Sometimes because I wanted to show something or I liked a certain setting, maybe even just a shaving, or the light was beautiful. And the finished instruments of course. I always enjoyed the photography and so later on I decided to invest in a better camera and bought a Canon DSLR, the 1200 D. Soon I bought another lense, it came as a kit but honestly the kid lense really isn`t that good. And I bought another lense...
Now with the equipement I had to learn how to use I would dive deeper in the art of photography and I quickly learned that the best way to learn photography is, well, to take photos. A lot of them. And look at them and evaluate what you have done and whta works and what doesn`t. Very similar to making guitars actually. Or making anything. 
The problem is that this leads to many many photos on my desktop, and I won`t complain I enjoy it, and me being totally overstrained with that load of material and how to use it. 
I guess what I should do is think about where I want to head to with this blog and what it is I want to show and tell. And as the name suggests this is about starting out in the luthiery business. Or it was. Next year is my 10th year anniversary. How crazy is that.



 

Comments

Popular Posts