Flashes of Inspiration


 

 The phenomenon of ideas. Flashes of inspiration. Where do they come from. What makes them happen. I don't know. I came up with the idea of building a fan fret semi baritone guitar with an elevated fingerboard that changes the neck angle. And I instantly wanted to stop everything else and build it.
Although I am currently building two guitars and an ukulele I considered adding a forth instrument into this building term and at the moment I am so excited I can't wait until it's finished.    


Looking through my stock of wood I decided to use Sapelli for the back and sides and red cedar for the top. This should ideally end up in a guitar with a good balanced sound with a full and focused base and a treble that is clear but has warmth in it.




Comments

  1. Good post. I learn something new and challenging on blogs and this subject is new for me but i love it and want to know more from you.fan fret guitar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das klingt ja mal nach einem wirklich interessanten Konzept... :) Baritone mit fanned frets... das "muss" ja gut werden. Ich bin gespannt und neugierig. Ich bin jedenfalls von meinen Instrumenten mit fanned frets mehr als angetan... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo! Die Baritone ist ja mittlerweile fertig und ich bin auch sehr positiv angetan von den Fanned Frets. Da das meine erste Multiscale-Gitarre war, war ich sehr gespannt auf die spielbarkeit und finds jetzt sehr sehr bequem zu spielen. Soundmässig hat sich das für die Baritone auch gelohnt!

      Delete
    2. Das klingt so, als müsste man sich das wirklich mal anhören...:) vielleicht schaffe ich es ja mal nach Oldenburg, bevor die Gitarre verkauft ist...:) Eine Baritone oder eine DADGAD-Gitarre fehlt mir irgendwie noch...:P ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts