tool shelf detail work



I couldn't resist to add some little details to the tool shelf. I decided to add some corbels to give it an old fashioned touch of a 19th century hanging book shelf. I started playing around with some left over pieces of pine I had lying around and quickly came up with some patterns I liked.




I glued them in place using dowels to add extra strength for the joint and to hold them in place.







Here's the finished edges with the corbels. I was happy with the results and it was worth the 2 hours work I spent to do it. In between the work it felt a bit silly to add so much detail into the tool storage. And it still does in some way. But on the other hand I thing the workshop is a place where you spend quite a huge amount of your daily time, especially if you are a professional woodworker. The workshop should therefore be practical to support your working habbits the most, of course, but it should also be a place you like to spent your time.




Comments

Popular Posts